International Students


Academic Status

Residential international students must maintain a full program of studies per semester.

Admissions Requirements

(in addition to program-specific admissions requirements)

1. Transcripts of academic achievement (A certified translation into English must accompany transcripts in a foreign language)

2. Scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

  • Minimum scores: 600 or higher (on the written exam); 95 or higher (on the computerized exam)
  • TOEFL Number: Indicate institution 6953 when requesting TOEFL scores.
  • Time limit: TOEFL scores more than two years old will not be accepted.
  • Waiver: Applicants who have received a degree from a college or university in the United States within the previous five years may not need to submit a TOEFL score.
  • More information: Education Testing Services (ETS) (, American embassies and consulate offices of the United States Information Service, or TOEFL, P.O. Box 6154, Princeton, NJ 08541-6154.

3. Financial guarantee (USCIS Form I-134)

All incurred expenses while in attendance at Central Seminary must be underwritten. This financial guarantee must be from the source(s) that will actually provide the funds for study and living expenses. This can be accomplished by:

  • Providing proof that the student is sponsored by a responsible Christian organization which will commit itself to guarantee the necessary support and round-trip transportation for the student and his or her dependents (if they are to accompany the student to the seminary).
  • Demonstrating with a letter from a bank or savings institution that the student has on deposit sufficient funds to cover tuition, other school fees, living expenses for the student and family, and round-trip airfare.
  • Providing the same proof from other individuals or organizations that wish to contribute to the student’s support that the re are sufficient funds available to cover the student’s financial commitment. If the dependents are remaining in their home country, the seminary strongly recommends that appropriate financial arrangements be made to care for them during the entire time the student is away, in addition to the student’s expenses in the United States.


Part-time employment is allowed when permission has been granted by the United States government. Employment must not interfere with the student’s studies.