Labeling these claims as “fake news,” the president of Reformed Theological Seminary explains why certain popular beliefs about early Christianity are false.
- Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.
- The divinity of Jesus was not decided until the council of Nicea in the fourth century.
- Christians did not have a “Bible” until the time of Constantine.
- The “Gnostic” Gospels like the Gospel of Thomas were just as popular as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- The words of the New Testament have been radically changed and corrupted in the earliest centuries.